Monday, November 7, 2016

Line Upon Line


This week was a very normal week and it went by faster than I thought it would. We have been having a hard time trying to find new people to teach but I know that the Lord will bless us as long as we keep working faithfully. It has been a little hard for me to keep moving forward what with my mission ending soon but I still feel the same vigor and motivation to work as I did the first day of my mission. Yesterday, we had a little bit of down time with the elections here we couldnt go out and proselyte but  did have the opportunity to look back on some of my old journal entries from when i first came to the MTC. What a great difference I have seen in my life and the way i have grown these last two years. Sometimes it is hard to see changes in oneself because you are always with yourself but I think that is why we have journals to see progress in our ownselves. I know I am still very far from perfect but it helps me to know that I have grown at least a little in my time here in Nicargaua. I believe that God puts us in certain situations and gives us certain weaknesses so that we might grow and flourish. I believe we are being tried and tested every day. I like to think that way so that when temptation comes I can gain strong and confidence. I have felt the strength of Christs atonement in my life and I know it has great strength unto the exalting of men. Its good to know that I dont need to be perfect right now, but as long as I have a humble attitude and strive to serve others daily that the Lord will guide me with His Spirit and I shall be sactified through Him.

For behold, thus saith the Lord God: I will give unto the children of men line upon line, preceptupon precept, here a little and there a little; and blessed are those who hearken unto my precepts, and lend an ear unto my counsel, for they shall learn wisdom; for unto him that receiveth I will give more; and from them that shall say, We have enough, from them shall be taken away even that which they have. 2Nephi 28:30

No comments:

Post a Comment