Tuesday, October 25, 2016

The Gift of Grace


        As my time as a full-time missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints comes to a close, I have seen even greater the tender mercies of God. I have also seen the many imperfections and faults within myself and many things which I could have done better. As I reflect on these last two years I come to know more of the principle of grace. In my mind I often think on the perfect outcome of things, how things should be. Many nights as I kneel down to offer up my work of the day unto my God, I have often felt grief and shame as I look upon all my faults and errors. My heart becomes weighed down by the many weaknesses I have and I wish to be able to turn back the clock and restart the day. As the weight of justice presses down upon my conscience, I cry to the Lord for strength and forgiveness. As I supplicate for mercy, I am blessed with the Gift of Grace.

        When our Lord Jesus Christ suffered pains and afflictions of all kinds in the Garden of Gethsemane and on the Cross of Calvary, He understood that we could not would never come to be perfect or always be perfect. He knew we would be rebellious and commit all kinds of mistakes, nevertheless, He suffered it. Through this great and powerful sacrifice He paved the way for mercy and grace to find way into our hearts and to ultimately win Eternal Salvation. Through repentance and the keeping of our covenants we are made worthy of these exalting powers. How much are we in debt to Him! Now peace and calm can fill shame and guilt as we strive to obey and become better.

"For we labor diligently to write, to persuade our children, and also our brethren, to believe in Christ, and to be reconciled to God; for we know that it is by grace that we are saved, after all we can do." 2 Nephi 25:23

No comments:

Post a Comment