Monday, October 17, 2016

He Knows Your Heart


   This last Saturday my good friend, Idalia, entered the waters of baptism. When we first met Idalia she had been to church many times before and was almost baptized but for other reasons and doubts was not baptized at the time. when we had our first visit she was full of doubts and was resigned to never coming to church again. When we talked to her her doubts frustrated me and I felt myself about to give up and leave her for good. But as I prayed in my heart and asked God for understanding I was inspired with the words I needed to say and her heart was softened toward us. In our later visits we found her very open and willing to listen to us. She started coming back to church and found that spirit she had felt before. After about a month of visiting her my companion felt inspired that we should challenge her to baptism again and when we did she accepted.
     The Lord works in mysterious ways and knows our minds and hearts better than we do. I know that the Lord wanted us to keep visiting her because He knew that she was prepared even if I didn't see it. I am grateful for the Lord and His merciful hand towards all His children. I am grateful for the opportunity to have helped this sister come unto the truth and realize the joy and happiness that living the gospel brings. I know that this will only be a great beginning for here and her children, who will one day also be members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

"Behold, when ye shall rend that veil of unbelief which doth cause you to remain in your awful state of wickedness, and hardness of heart, and blindness of mind, then shall the great and marvelous things which have been hid up from the foundation of the world from you—yea, when ye shall call upon the Father in my name, with a broken heart and a contrite spirit, then shall ye know that the Father hath remembered the covenant which he made unto your fathers, O house of Israel." 
Ether 4:15

No comments:

Post a Comment