Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Weak Things Made Strong

     The work progresses well here. I have been struggling lately understanding the "why" for why don't people want to go to church or progress in the gospel. I was talking with one of the assistants one night and he was just talking about random things and he brought up what he felt was the key to baptizing. what he expressed was exactly what I had been praying for, and the answer that I needed. He told me that the way to baptize is through the heart. gaining the trust and confidence of the person. He said as soon as you get a person to tell you all of their problems is when you know that they trust you and they are willing to accept your help and guidance. that has been something a little difficult for me to do on my own mission. I'm not sure if it was something you had to learn as well. As I have been in the process of changing and growing, I have seen more weakness in myself than ever before like it says in Ether 12:27-
"And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble, and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them."
     The Lord shows me weakness that I might know my strengths and therefore, make weak things become strong unto me. This principle leads me straight into the heart of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Faith, Repentance, Baptism, Repeat. This process leads us to perfection and self-dignity. I know that as I work and strive to become a better teacher, as I come to know the people I teach, who they are, their hopes and dreams, I know that I will overcome my weakness and learn something that will help me through my entire life.
     Strive to have the spirit in your life. listen closely to the feelings and impressions you have. He will guide you through all things. Come to know better the life and works of Jesus Christ. If you have never read the New testament through completely I exhort you to read and meditate on the life, example, and teachings of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I know as you do he will lift and inspire you to newer levels of growth and development. May the Lord always be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment