Wednesday, February 10, 2016

The Way to Eternal Life

I cannot express in words the amount of love and joy that fills my heart in these moments. The Lord in His great mercy has seen fit to extend His loving hands and pronounce more blessings upon us. I hope you feel the same way. Recognize the Lords hand in your life and you will never doubt that He is there and mindful of you. Yesterday, the spirit was strong with me. I could feel His power within me, working to guide me in my daily labors. We taught some really good lessons and I know that the people we taught felt the spirit strongly as I did. We ended up placing 6 baptismal dates.
I know that through faith, all is possible. The Lord gives us trials to show our faith and devotion. On one occasion a lawyer came to Jesus as He was preaching and asked him how he could inherit eternal life. We see the answer in Luke 10:25-28 
"And, behold, a certain lawyer stood up, and tempted him, saying, Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life? He said unto him, What is written in the law? how readest thou? And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbor as thyself. And he said unto him, Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live."
What does it mean to love our god with all our heart, soul, and strength? The answer lies in John 14:15,21
"If ye love me, keep my commandments. He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them,he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him."
The way to eternal life is through keeping and sanctifying of the holy commandments. God not only desires but expects our obedience. As we obey, we gain christlike attributes, we perfect ourselves by obeying the will of the Lord as Moroni explains- Moroni 10:32
"Yea, come unto Christ, and be perfected in him, and deny yourselves of all ungodliness; and if ye shall deny yourselves of all ungodliness, and love God with all your might, mind and strength, then is his grace sufficient for you, that by his grace ye may be perfect in Christ; and if by the grace of God ye are perfect in Christ, ye can in nowise deny the power of God."
I know God loves us. I know that eternal life is possible through the merits and mercy of Him who is mighty to save. We promise our best and He promises us the rest. I know that we can be perfected, shaped, and sculpted as long as we are pliable and humble. Don´t forget to trust in Him. As we put full trust in Him, we will feel peace and calm within the storms of our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment